Friday, May 11, 2012

More salt? Yes, please.

While Addison's can be a very serious condition, and quite frankly, sometimes I just feel plain yucky.  Today is a good day, and it's Friday...bonus!!  I believe with any medical condition or challenge in life it is important to keep a positive attitude.  So, I have challenged myself to create a list about the positive aspects of Addison's.  Here is my Top Ten List in honor of Friday!!

1. Salt is my friend, and I love salty food!
2. I will have a great tan this summer due to my high ACTH level.
3. I am made to sit still at times which means that I will read more books.
4. Addison's is so chemically complicated that when I do explain it to people they think I'm really   smart.
5. It's manageable with proper medication.
6. I get to shop for new clothes since I have outgrown the old.
7. I get a free pass for afternoon naps.
8. I'm learning to let go of some things and let my family help.  In the process I'm discovering what great cooks I have in the house.
9. I don't have enough cortisol to worry over needless things, or things that are beyond my control.
10.  I have more quiet time, and therefore more prayer time.  If I tell you I'm praying for you, I really mean it! 

Blessings!
Alicia

No comments:

Post a Comment