If you read my post yesterday, it should come as no surprise to hear that today is one of those "hit the wall kind of days." I have that black circle under the eye feeling, I ache all over, my mind is cloudy and my vision blurred. I haven't quite achieved the stupor, but I'm not far from it. Along with the physical symptoms are also psychological symptoms. Frustration that I can't do all the things that I want to do without having to suffer with my symptoms the following day, and a bit of sadness. Outsiders who aren't familiar with Addison's or any other chronic illness may see a lazy person, or a whiner. I assure you we sufferers of chronic illness are neither of those things. Inside of any chronic illness resides a heart that wants to soar, and a body that sometimes just flat out refuses to follow.
Prior to my diagnosis, it was really difficult for me to understand those who suffered from chronic illness. If it interfered with my plans, it frustrated me and I was a bit resentful. I'm ashamed to admit it, but it's true. For all of the struggles it brings, Addison's has taught me to care. For that I am thankful.
When I was little, my mom had a plaque that she kept on our kitchen window sill. I would read it every time that I washed my hands, or rinsed a dish. It said, "God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, courage to change the things I can, and wisdom to know the difference." I didn't really understand the Serenity Prayer as a child, but it stuck in my mind. It has certainly taken on new meaning for me in my latest journey with Addison's. That is my prayer today!
Blessings!
Alicia
So many times you are afraid to plan something because when the day comes you may feel terrible! Not able to pull yourself together and get moving.
ReplyDeleteHope tomorrow is a better day!
Jo
So true, Jo! Thank you!!
DeleteGiiirrrrrrrlll...what's this, oh BTW I have a blog now. No, announcement?!
ReplyDeleteAwesome!! It looks great. Such a great niche too. I'm sure there is a huge need for this to help others and be encouraged.
I'm following you now!
Maybe we'll go to a blogging conference together?!
LOL!! Honestly, I was really intimidated, but secretly wanted to be a blogger! I have been posting, kind of writing to myself, and now feel a little more confident about sharing. I would love to go to a blogging conference sometime with you!
ReplyDelete